Terms and Conditions
Welcome to ArabicaFoodandSpice.com. By using this website you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out below. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions in their entirety please leave this website.
The http://www.arabicafoodandspice.com website is provided solely for your personal use. You may not use this website for any commercial purpose.
References in these Terms and Conditions to "we", "us" and "Arabica Food & Spice " are to Arabica Food Limited, Registered in England, company number 11493707, Registered Office: 71-75 Shelton street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ1. Online Shopping
- 1.1 We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, prices, photographic representations and descriptions of products appearing on the website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the appearances, colours, textures or finishes of our products that appear on the website. What you see will depend on your monitor and computer equipment, we are therefore unable to guarantee that the product images are an accurate representation of the actual merchandise.
- 1.2 We will not be liable if for any reason the Arabica Food & Spice website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts or all the Arabica Food & Spice website. 2. Age restrictions
- 2.1 By law we cannot sell products containing alcohol to persons under the age of 18. Proof of ID maybe requested when ordering these products. We will not deliver alcohol to anyone who is, or appears to be, under the age of 18, as applicable.
- 2.2 By placing an order for these products, you are confirming that you are of legal age and that the information you provide is truthful and correct.
- 2.3 Pursuant to the Licensing Act 1964 it is an offence for any person under the age of 18 to buy intoxicating liquor, or for any person over the age of 18 to buy intoxicating liquor on behalf of any person under the age of 18, subject to a maximum fine on conviction of £1000. 3. Order process
- 3.1 All orders that you place on this website will be subject to acceptance in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- 3.2 Non-acceptance of your order may be due to any one or more of the following non-exhaustive reasons:
- The product you ordered is out of stock;
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment;
- We have identified a pricing or product description error;
- There is a failure to meet the eligibility to order as set out at clause 2 in these Terms and Conditions;
- There is a system or procurement failure
- 3.3 When you place an order on our website we shall email you an acknowledgement detailing the product you have ordered. This email is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Arabica Food & Spice.
- 3.4 Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and Arabica Food & Spice will take place when your order is dispatched: we will email you that your order has been dispatched.
- 3.5 A gift message facility is available on certain orders and is available for your own personal and strictly non-commercial use. We do not take any responsibility for the contents of messages communicated by you to a third party. Where you use this facility you agree that your message will not include any content that could be construed as defamatory, abusive, obscene, racist, offensive, harassing, threatening, vulgar or which could cause embarrassment or distress to any person. You agree not to impersonate any person, including but not limited to any of our employees or customers.
- 4.1 Standard delivery to most UK postcodes takes three to five working days. Please allow longer for Shetland and Orkney (up to ten working days), and for the Scottish Highlands and Western Isles (up to six working days).
We do not accept any liability for delayed deliveries caused by any third party or by fire, flood or mechanical breakdown.
Most parcels will be delivered by carrier and will require a signature on delivery. If a parcel is small enough to fit through a letterbox, it may be delivered by Royal Mail, which will not require a signature.
For details of our delivery charges, please refer to our 'Dispatch and Delivery' section.
- 4.2 Please note that your delivery may take longer during busy periods. We are unable to guarantee delivery earlier than this time frame.
- 4.3 We will make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales. However delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors or events outside our control, for example extreme weather, a flood or fire. Arabica Food & Spice shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within estimated timescales.
- 4.4 Risk of loss and damage of products passes to you on the date when the products are delivered to you.
- 4.5 Claims for breakages or shortages must be notified within 24 hours of receipt of goods.
5. Order Cancellation
- 5.1 If, for any reason, you wish to cancel any order you have placed before it has been delivered and it has not been dispatched, please contact us on 0207 708 5577 or online at arabicafoodandspice.com.
- 5.2 As it is our policy to try to process orders immediately it may not always be possible to stop an order from being dispatched. After dispatch our Returns Policy at clause 6 will apply. We will not be able to refund outward postage costs. Please note that your right to return goods does not apply to certain products as set out in clause 5.3
- 5.3 We are unable to accept order cancellations for perishable or time critical goods. Please see the following list for non exhaustive examples
- perishable goods
- Goods which have been altered, or personalised to a customer's specification
6. Returns policy
Please return items in their original condition, unused, in their original packaging.
- 6.2 We cannot refund or exchange personalised, perishable or time critical goods. Please see the following list for non exhaustive examples:
- Food; Beverages
- perishable goods
- Goods which have been altered, or personalised to a customer's specification
This does not apply to faulty or incorrectly supplied goods where your statutory rights are unaffected.
- 6.3 Where promotional discounts are applied to orders, the discount will be applied to each item in the basket. In the event of a return, you will not be refunded the discounted proportion. Additionally any free promotional gift given with an order must also be returned if you are returning those goods to which the gift related.
- 6.4 How to Return or Exchange:
- Please return the item to us within 7 days of cancellation to receive an exchange or full refund. If you notify us of your intention to cancel the contract but do not return the goods to us we reserve the right to deduct the cost incurred by us in attempting to recover the goods, from any refund you are owed.
- Please note that your return costs will not be reimbursed. Postage or other return costs will be your responsibility and will be reimbursed by us only in the case of damaged, faulty or incorrectly supplied goods.
- You must ensure that you return the original undamaged packaging along with the item/s you are unhappy with. The goods must be returned in a saleable condition. We will consider the condition of the goods being returned before deciding whether to make a refund.
- 6.5 None of the above refund terms affect your statutory rights when goods are faulty or incorrectly supplied nor does it affect your rights under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations act 2000.
7. Payment Methods
- 7.1 We only accept payment for orders in pound (£) sterling.
- 7.2 We accept payment by American Express, Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, Visa Debit and paypal accounts.
- 7.3 If you choose to pay for an item using a payment card with a foreign currency denominated account, the account will still be taken in pounds (£) sterling at the conversion rate applied by the relevant payment scheme at the time of processing your order.
- 7.4 By making an offer to buy a product, you specifically authorise us to transmit information (including any updated information) or to obtain information about you from third parties from time to time, including, but not limited to, your debit or credit card number or credit reports, to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
8. Pricing Policy
- 8.1 All prices are inclusive of VAT (where applicable) at the rate appropriate to the country of receipt, where within the EU, and are correct at the time of entering the information on to the system. Prices may change and offers may be withdrawn at any time.
- 8.2 Although we try to ensure all our prices displayed on our website are accurate, errors may sometimes occur. If we discover an error in the price of an item you have ordered we will contact you as soon as possible. You will have the option to reconfirm your order at the correct price or cancel it. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat your order in respect of the incorrectly priced item as cancelled.
- 8.3 From time to time we may offer additional discounts for purchases online from http://www.arabicafoodandspice.com that do not apply at our other trading locations or vice versa. Additionally, items offered as sets on this site may not be offered as part of a set at our other outlets and individual prices may apply.
- 8.4 The Case Discount offer is not transferable or available in conjunction with any other offer and there is no cash alternative. You must be aged 18 or over.
9. Copyright Policy
- 9.1 Copyright and other intellectual property rights in any communications, ideas, or other materials submitted or offered to us by you through on or by this website, unless specifically requested by us, shall become our property. You agree that submissions by you to this website must not risk infringing any right of any third party and in addition, you agree that no submissions by you to this website will be or contain libellous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material or constitute an invasion of privacy. As such, you are and shall remain solely responsible for the content of any submissions you make to the website.
- 9.2 You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within this website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may only download such material and content for the purpose of using this website. Accordingly, we suggest that you do not use the Arabica Food & Spice website to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content. Nothing contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of the Arabica Food & Spice website.
10. Content/Activity Prohibited
- 10.1 Please choose carefully the information you post on the Arabica Food & Spice website and that you provide to other users. You must not misuse the Arabica Food & spice website. You will not: send or otherwise post unauthorised commercial communications to users (such as spam); upload viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other malicious code; corrupt data; cause annoyance to others users; post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence; use the Selfridges website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious or discriminatory; facilitate or encourage any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- 10.2 We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject, edit or refuse to post any content and to remove any content from the Arabica Food & Spice website, whether or not the content is expressly prohibited by these Terms and Conditions, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
- 10.3 Arabica community areas are subject to the following Community Area Rules:
We advise you not to reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else that would allow you to be identified including but not limited to: telephone number, home address, business address, delivery address or email address.
- By submitting any material to us, you automatically grant Arabica Food & Spice a royalty-free, perpetual, exclusive right and license to use, modify, edit, adapt, publish, re-use, translate, distribute, perform and display such material in whole or part worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
- You acknowledge that we are not obliged to publish any material submitted by you.
- By submitting any material to us, you agree to use the Arabica Food & Spice website and Community areas in accordance with these Community Area Rules and website Terms and Conditions.
- If you fail to abide by these Community Area Rules you may be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts. Action may include any content posted by you being checked before allowed to go on the site or a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all of the Arabica Food & Spice website.
- We reserves the right to edit or delete any contribution, or take action against any user account, at any time, for any reason.
- If you do not want to grant Arabica Food & Spice the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution on the Community Areas.
11. Liability and Indemnity
- 11.1 Arabica Food & Spice shall not be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the material on this or the conduct of other users of this website, even if Arabica Food & Spice has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- 11.2 The Arabica Food & Spice website may also contain links to other websites, which are not operated by us. When you activate any of these you will leave the Arabica Food & Spice website and we have no control over, and will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of, the material on any website which is not under our control.
- 11.3 You agree to indemnify us and our agents and officers, directors and employees, immediately on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you.
- 11.4 We may terminate your use of the website immediately if we consider that you have breached these Terms and Conditions.
12. Comments and Complaint Procedure
13. Personal information
14. Linking to Website
- 14.1 You must not establish a link to this website to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists or establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- 14.2 Our website must not be framed on any other site, and you may not create a link to any part of this website other than the home page.
The website is controlled and operated in the UK. Any terms and conditions concerning the usage of this website will be governed by the laws of England and any dispute concerning use of this website will be determined exclusively by the English Courts.
- 16.1 We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. If any of these Terms and Conditions are invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue to have full force and effect.
- 16.2 We will not be responsible to you for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms and Conditions if the delay or failure arises from any cause beyond our reasonable control.
- 16.3 If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in other situations where you are in breach.
- 16.4 Arabica Food & Spice reserves the right to amend, remove or vary the Services and/or any page of this Website at any time and without notice.
17. Entire Agreement
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and Arabica Food & Spice. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will only be effective if in writing and signed by a Director of The Arabica Food & Spice Company Ltd.
18. Our details